Updated: Aug 1, 2019
Have you ever heard of Banner Elk, North Carolina? If not, you’re definitely missing out! This quaint little town has something for everyone! Nestled in the mountains, it’s a quiet hideaway filled with festivals, food, fun and so much more. Want to know the details? Here are five fabulous reasons to get to know Banner Elk, NC.
1. Calling all Foodies. The people of Banner Elk call their town “the culinary hot spot of the High Country.” There are many incredible restaurants to enjoy here such as Sorrentos, A Chef’s Table, Banner Elk Café & Lodge and Artisanal, which has been named one of the Top 100 restaurants in the country for two years in a row. Be it casual or fancy, down home cooking or gourmet cuisine, there’s no shortage of delicious for visitors—and locals—to enjoy!
2. Animal Lovers will adore Grandfather Mountain Nature Park’s wildlife habitats, where you’ll come face-to-face with rescued animals including black bears, cougars, elk, bald eagles and river otters, each residing in their respective proper habitats.
3. Nature Lovers Rejoice! Hike along the Greenway Trail, admire the 360-degree panoramic views Grandfather Mountain’s Mile High Swinging Bridge, go horseback riding, take a UTV tour or even try fly fishing with the Foscoe Fishing Company. There are so many outdoor activities in which you can partake. Remember, one of the BEST things about Banner Elk is Camp BIG for Adults, the summer camp for adults only, that sits on 150 acres of undisturbed land and magnificent forests in the picturesque Blue Ridge Mountains.
4. But wait, there’s MORE! Banner Elk is more than just nature. A plethora of spas and wellness facilities, museums and art galleries, festivals, concerts and shopping exist just a hop, skip and a jump away from Camp BIG. Visit award-winning wineries, craft breweries and upscale boutiques such as Almost Rodeo Drive and historic Mast General Store—it’s worth the trip!
5. The #1 Reason to Visit Banner Elk, NC—Camp BIG for Adults! If you ever thought about going back to camp (like you did when you were a kid), Camp Big is exactly what you’re looking for. It’s a summer camp for adults only, an all-inclusive getaway full of adventure, relaxation and fun. It’s the ideal, carefree, grown-up camp vacation, which will leave you wanting for nothing! Camp Big is also a unique and unforgettable choice for corporate retreats, social events, weddings and reunions (any time of year)! Camp BIG’s owner/founder, Stacy Stern, says, “Camp BIG is for anyone who’s loved or ever wanted to go to camp. Expect so many amazing activities, excursions, great food, wine tastings, the ideal climate, so much nature and, oh yeah, no counselors!”
So, before or after your four-day getaway at Camp Big for Adults, take a bit more time to check out this cool little town—you’ll be so glad you did!
Camp BIG is holding one session in 2019: September 13-16, 2019—don’t miss it!